Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Amy Carmichael, Missionary to India

I just finished a biography about Amy and was inspired by her journey. She was turned down in the early years by mission agencies because of her health. She suffered what was called in that day neuralgia, which seemed to speak to me about my battle with fibromyalgia. It was difficult at times but she pressed on. After finally ending up in India, she ministered for over fifty years there, the last several years mostly confined to her room after a fall.

Amy said she preferred to burn out rather than rust out! Her story gave me renewed vision to press on in spite of the days when the physical ailments cause a distraction. There is work to be done, He has a purpose for me, and He promises fruitfulness as our age advances. What joy! God is never done using His saints though the world may discount our worth as we age.

No comments: