Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Prayer

For all Your blessing,
Heavenly Father,
Known to me,
and for all unknown,
accept my thanks.

May I not murmur at
Your Providence,
or dread the future.

Whatever happens,
help me to believe in your
unfailing care
and to know that in the
Valley of the shadow
You are by my side.

F.B. Meyer

How many blessings do we receive that remain unknown to us, perhaps until eternity? He protects, provides, guides, and strengthens us in ways we may not recognize each day; therefore, we routinely do not give Him thanks for all the "unknown" blessings we receive.

"May I not dread the future" called my attention to the peculiar temptation in this season of life to "dread" or fear the many "what ifs" that invade my thoughts.

Indeed, His love and care are unfailing and He is by my side, ever faithful.

No comments: