Saturday, March 28, 2015

The Adversary

I came across "The Adversary" which was written November 13, 1983 and remains true today!

Prison bars are on the door
The walls are cold and damp
I cannot see the light of day
From this dusty floor on which I lay

I walked in here of my own free will
Thinking I would not tarry
But now it seems the door is locked
The key being held by the Adversary

He said it wouldn't be this way
He told me such a lie
A little here, a little there
I'm fearful now I'll die

He painted such a pretty picture
A graphic of his lie
And added such a sweet aroma
Surely, now I'll die

He changed my day to night
This murderer and father of lies
Why didn't I see him as he is
I was deceived by the angel of light

From the depths of my soul, I cry for help
I remember the light of day
The bars and chains will fall asunder
Calvary is the way

You are the one, the great I AM
Far greater and stronger than he
I know the way to be set free
It's your blood from Calvary

Please keep me from this prison of sin
I hate when I'm trapped within
You are the freedom my heart longs for
Oh, please don't let me go back through that door

No comments: